Sunday, September 23, 2007

Bourne to Try

Firstly> Sorry, it's been so long. To be honest I didn't think that it would be noted by enyone... much less did I think that I would come back to find that, in my absence, you all had been scurrying about like so many little cockaroaches having 'conversation parties' on MY Blog! I'd say, 'take it outside,people', but they are all comments. And I do love comments.

NOW> It has been said that, at certain times of the year, in the right light, and from selected angles, I look like Matt Damon… but with an Australian accent (oooooh!). I guess this is why, when we went to see Bourne Ultimatum on Thursday night, I held a certain feeling of connection with the movie. You have the feeling that your fellow cinema goers are being entertained, but they don’t really get it – not like I do.



Here's a pic of me and some chums - for your reffy.

The movie ended and the lights came on, I stood by my aisle seat watching the mass of cinema goers as they filed by. Chin up, shoulders back… I realised I was hoping someone would recognise me. No one did, and I will admit to being a little bemused.

And there is a certain way you drive after seeing a Bourne movie… or is that just me. It’s not your garden variety reckless. No, that wouldn’t do at all. It’s calculated. You perform a dozen equations and assessments a second, finely attuned to your surrounds and vehicle, translating it all through the wheel. The illusion was broken just a second (or 12 calculations) after pulling out of my park out front of the cinemas, by Sue…

“Aaron. You are NOT Jason Bourne.”

It was genuinely deflating.

The movie’s great by the way. Even if I do say so myself.

16 comments:

Cathy said...

Sounds like something I would say to my husband...actually I HAVE said it - many times! lol

Love your profile - too funny!

Sweet Olive Press | Helen said...

Dear Boy. I think you were driving like Jason Bourne before there was a Jason Bourne.

But there's not a great deal of calculation about wrapping your car round a tree, is there...

(At least it's more exciting than rear-ending a car full of old people at a Give Way sign, which is all I've ever done.)

Anonymous said...

After I watch a Bourne movie I find myself opening and shutting my kitchen cupboards with assassin-like speed and precision just to make a cup of tea.

If Jason Bourne drank camomile tea, this is exactly how he would make it.

(From sister K, if this comes up as anonymous - I will be the last person on this earth to have a blog).

awkward egg said...

Weeeell, look who's so snooty about the old blogety-blog. Why don't you just stop reading our blogs? You can't can you! They're too damn good!

(p.s. you better be reading my blog)

Anonymous said...

Not snooty, just cautious.

I have read your blog but you know I would read it more often if you sent me blog alerts. So easy - just click on this little link and you don't have to remember anything.

Anonymous said...

RSS feeds not good enough for anyone these days? Just put us up in your 'favourites' bar, and it will come up with a (number) in brackets after our name when we update.

(We are worthy of a position on the favourites bar right?)

Michelle Crowther said...

Who ARE you people? RSS? Blog Alerts? Favourites number counters? What happened to good old-fashioned 'check it daily, oh great, still whiskers on bloody kittens' reading of blogs?????

'Lewises', the comments are almost (and I say, almost) as funny as the entries. I am thinking of jumping ship to your family. xx

ps. Katherine, clink on what little link?

Michelle Crowther said...

ps. shelley and jules, i can't get on your block when i click j&s ... what's your address?

Anonymous said...

RSS? Russian Spy Satellite? The Cold War is OVER, Shelley.

Seriously, I have no idea what your your instructions mean. And a little email would go a long way for those of us ailing with a dial-up connection in the land of vicious monopolies.

Michelle, maybe you should take this up with aaron - he sends some of us an email to let us know of his six-monthly blog update. Somehow he left his favourite cousin off the list.

Anonymous said...

p.s. Michelle, I think I speak on behalf of the team when I say you would be welcome to jump ship to our family - assuming Az didn't have a strategic reason for leaving you off his email list.

Anonymous said...

Feel bad advertising my own blog on Aarons, but as he doesn't seem to participate in his comments, maybe he'll never know. we are at www.julianlewis.info

And Kath...

Where's the love?

Anonymous said...

Love? I'm loving.

Hate to spend my whole life's worth of blog commenting on the one blog entry, but I was only thinking about Az's remark today and it reminded me of the converse effect of another movie. Ever watched Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon and then found yourself kind of space walking around the house? Hovering above the stair well etc?

Ok, that was my last comment. Will Az win a prize or something if he gets a record number of comments?

Aaron Lewis said...

Comment 13. Did everyone miss that I had a non family member comment?? That has to be worth at least 5 'family comments'... not that I don't appreciate family comments immensely. But thanks Cathy!

Sweet Olive Press | Helen said...

I get non-family-member comments all the time, but nary a one from my sister.

Or my brother.

Or my other brother.

Or my... actually, Michelle commented on one of my posts once. Thank you Michelle. You're most welcome to jump ship – we'll set up a hammock for you.

You *do* realise our family includes our Dad though, don't you?

And Shelley I haven't forgotten your comment... but you already jumped ship to our family.

Sucker.

Sweet Olive Press | Helen said...

K (since you're even to paranoid to use your full name)...

re Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon: do you remember the way Mum used to drive after playing Digger?

I think we pulled up at school and went, "Glory!"

That will be lost on non-Digger-players... so sad....

Michelle Crowther said...

Thanks Team,

Fortunately, Helen, I quite like Uncle Arthur.

Actually, if I jump ship I probably can't call him Uncle Arthur any more .. .so that's reason enough to stay put I think.

In spirit though, I count myself Michelle Ruth Lewis, at least for the purposes of Soda Water. While we're at it, what is going on with my middle name? My parents have been punishing me since day one, when you think about it. They've brought it on themselves.

Regards,
Michelle Stella Lewis